Comprehensive Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic is based on simple principles
- The body is self-healing. The power to heal is inside each of us.
- The nervous system is the master control system of your body, everything, every experience, feeling, thought and emotion- the entirety of life is processed through the nerve system.
- Any pressure on your nerves can cause die-ease. If anything interferes with or disrupts the function of the nervous system, not only can that affect your health and well-being but it distorts your perception of the world and it compromises your ability to respond to the world.
- Symptoms are the last phase of body dysfunction not the first (perhaps with the exception of acute trauma.) Once you have symptoms you likely have had the cause of your problem for years.
- The first spinal injury, better known in our office as subluxation, can happen at birth and it usually does.
- A chiropractor is trained to locate the cause of the interference in the body and then correct the cause and allow the body through its own healing power to be uninterfered with so it can then restore health.
- Healing takes time, abnormal tissue is going to be replaced by normal tissue and it takes time. Just because you may feel better does not mean you’re healed. Pain is just a symptom not an indicator of health.
We provide advanced spinal corrective care utilizing “state of the art” chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic care have chiropractors been able to provide the level of help and expertise that is available today. Many of the newest chiropractic techniques are actually safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a chiropractor dr. Watkins cares about you. She has years of training, expertise and experience in helping people achieve total health and wellness.
Sports and Performance
Having optimal spinal health allows your body to function at its very best; that’s why the top athletes in the world see chiropractors! Give your body the best opportunity to perform in your sports and physical activities by getting started with Lifeforce Chiropractic. Dr. Watkins loves helping athletes achieve their best game. Call us today.
Nutritional Counseling by Dr.Watkins can assist you on your return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are right for you? Which ones are wrong for you? Do you know how these supplements and vitamins interact with one another? We utilize lab testing when appropriate. We’d love to spend some time helping you make better choices. We also help people lose fat with our special individualized weight loss programs.
Many people come to see us to address a specific pain symptom such as back pain, neck pain or headaches. While we address each person’s specific condition with chiropractic care, we often find it helpful to “coach” people towards achieving a healthier lifestyle. For example, there may be certain activities that you could avoid or do differently to prevent you from unintentionally aggravating your particular health challenges. The goal of including lifestyle advice with a chiropractic care plan is to help each and every person achieve the fulfilling and happy lifestyle they deserve one that is full of the activities that are enjoyed most. We recognize that you are a whole, unique person, and we use our expertise to help you reach total health and wellness.
We teach people how to perform special “blueprint” exercises which can help strengthen and correct the irregularities in their body which may be causing pain and dysfunction. Many of these corrective exercises can actually be performed in the comfort of your own home to help improve the effectiveness of your chiropractic care and spinal correction plan. Targeted corrective exercises and stretches will help you feel good while also helping your body achieve balance and health.
All architectural structures depend on the strength and balance of their foundation. Your feet are your foundation and imbalances originating in the feet cause a domino-like effect going up the structure of your body that will dictate your unique stress areas. Abnormal loading puts continuous stress on your joints and spine which leads to premature degeneration and disc injury. Proper orthotics address these underlying biomechanical faults and can make a world of difference in the comfort and performance of your spine, knees and feet now and into the future.